What the results tell us for Young
Young Shire has the following health facilities:
- one base style public hospital, which recently underwent a $16 million re-building program
- one multi-faceted community health centre
- one retirement village of cared and self care facilities
- one Sisters of Mercy aged care facility (Mercy Care)
- two medical centres
- an Oncology Services centre
- a minimum of four private dental practitioners.
The main provider of public health care services in the shire is the Greater Southern Area Health Service.
Health issues included in the shire's social plan include limited access to professionals, Indigenous health and mental health issues.
Health in Young Shire is discussed further in the Shire's Social and Community Plan, which can be accessed at http://www.young.nsw.gov.au/images/SocPlan2005.pdf.