Advancing sustainability through advocacy, independent scrutiny, reporting and advice on environmental matters.
Independence - we empower through objectivity, transparent processes, considered evaluations and appropriate confidentiality.
Caring - our high regard for the environment, our community, and future generations sustains our efforts.
Innovation - we seek to use the best available knowledge to pursue solutions that may not be evident or even exist yet.
Empathy - we take realistic approaches in recognising the realities faced by the individuals and organisations with whom we engage.
Collaboration - we take an integrated and inclusive approach.Learn more about the Commissioner
Investigations & Special Reports
- Audit assessment
- Canberra Nature Park investigation
- Grasslands investigation
- Lake Burley Griffin investigation
- Canberra's Urban Forest investigation
Grab your beanie, thermals and gloves for The Forage - Winter Feast at New Acton this Saturday. Music, food and more. The Forage - Winter Feast #canberra #cbr #winter #community #newacton
The ACT Commissioner for Sustainability and Environment regularly puts together submissions on environment and sustainability matters in the ACT. Our public submission on the duplication of Horse Park Drive in Gungahlin recognises: - The need for investment in active transport infrastructure - Importance of Water Sensitive Urban Design when designing and constructing road infrastructure and managing construction impacts on waterways - The influence of a warming climate on commuter travel preferences and the need to provide shade and water fountains for people using active transport. www.envcomm.act.gov.au/publications/public-submissions/Horse-Park-Drive The Climate Council ACT Government Conservation Council ACT Region #canberra #cbr #gungahlin #WSUD #infrastructure #climatechange #adaptation #activetransport #cycling
News/Social Media RSS feed
- Enviro Comm: RT @cleannrgcouncil: Take a look at the Community Corner, a new initiative at #ACES2016 thanks to @NLawGlobal https://t.co/Bp5xfdWmjt https…
- Enviro Comm: RT @beyondzeronews: New @IEA report https://t.co/gQV54Sdgos @WWF response https://t.co/zyx0wXKSPK
- Enviro Comm: RT @AILA_National: Five urgent green infrastructure policies : Vision 202020 @Shahana_Mck via @FinancialReview https://t.co/tikXrFROsz
- Enviro Comm: RT @CDP: There are now +1 million cars on the world's roads - @IEA shows transport making progress https://t.co/WvzyEabIgN https://t.co/Alr…
- Enviro Comm: .@SustainableCBR @curf_uc @EkelundDorte @EPD_Comms talking #carbonneutral with Nic, Bec and Heather. #apps!? Yes. https://t.co/JAF1vavBPM